American Gulf Sleep Diagnostics Center provides a full range of services related to sleep medicine using the latest technologies and medical practices from diagnostics to treatment, whilst providing patients with the best care they need for a better quality of life.
- Review of sleep habits and physical and psychological sleep disorders
- Counseling on optimum sleep habits and preventive approaches for lifelong healthy sleep
- Comprehensive testing to identify and accurately diagnose sleep disorders
- Ongoing monitoring of treatment effectiveness and follow-up care
- Office Consultations
- Nocturnal Polysomnography
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test
- Home Sleep Testing
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Test
Fast, friendly service.
Consultation with a highly qualified Sleep Physician
A telephone call within 2-4 business days of your study to discuss results
Delivered reports to your referring physician within 7 days
Upon arriving at AGDSC for your scheduled sleep study you will be greeted by a professional and friendly technician who will escort you to your room. The technician will then carefully explain the procedure and what to expect during the night. The technician will prepare you for the study by placing leads on your lower legs, chest and head. Electrode gel will be used to adhere the leads to your skin. The gel is similar to the stickiness of an adhesive bandage. If applicable, the technician will also fit you with a mask. It is important to note that none of this equipment causes any pain or discomfort.
(Your home away from home)
- a private bedroom with a private bathroom with fresh clean linens, towels and washcloths
- a night stand with lighting to read by
- a TV with cable or satellite service
- a snack and a drink upon arrival
- Upon departure in the morning, Grab and Go Morning Snacks.
Preparing for the study?
- Your hair should be clean and “undone”.
- Pack as if you are spending the night in a hotel (soaps and shampoos provided)
- Pack toiletries such as deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste
- Eat dinner before you come – we do provide snacks and caffeine-free drinks
- No caffeine after 3 to 5 pm on the day of the test
- Bring any medications you regularly take at night or in the morning
- Bring comfortable clothing (Pajamas, sweats, NO SILK OR SATIN, etc.)
- We do have satellite TV, but you may bring reading material, books, magazines, music with headphones etc.
- Although we provide pillows and blankets, you are welcome to bring your favorite from home.
- Shower facilities are available and towels are provided
CONTACT OUR OFFICE
+976 3232 23232
+976 3232 23232
The mission of AGSDC is to enhance the quality of life for our patients by providing personalized, compassionate care whilst offering the most advanced, comprehensive treatment for the full range of sleep disorders. Patient Care is our #1 priority!
To be a center of excellence in the GCC that sets the standard for personalized, comprehensive treatment of sleep disorders in the region.
- Taking time to listen intently to our patients
- Providing compassionate care to our patients
- A commitment to continually updating our knowledge of the latest advances in sleep medicine so that we can discover new and better ways to serve our patients.
- Adhering to the highest standards of professional conduct
- Forming strong relationships with our patients and their families to provide the best care possible.
Dr Suad Al Monfaradi
MBBS, DCTM, MSc. (UK)
Dr Suad AL Monfaradi is a Pulmonologist that specializes in sleep disorders. Dr Suad has an MBBS from King Saud University and also holds a masters in Respiratory medicine from the prestigious Imperial College London.
Dr Suad started the Sleep Center at American Mission Hospital in 2009 where she practiced as a pulmonologist from 2003-2013 before starting her own clinic for pulmonary diseases and Sleep Disorders (Elia Clinic) in 2014.
Lisa Aylor, RPSGT is Clinical Coordinator/Lab Manager and co-founder at AGSD. Lisa has specialized in the field of sleep for the last 16 years and has over 30 years of experience in the healthcare field.
Lisa is an American Board Registered Polysomnographic Technologist and was previously clinical coordinator in the Sleep Department at Christ Hospital Cincinnati and American Sleep Medicine in Covington, USA.
Bharat is our in-house Sleep Technician.
Bharat holds a bachelor’s in Medical Lab Technology and is a Certified Sleep Technician by the Indian Board of Sleep Medicine.
Bharat previously worked as a sleep technician for 10 years in the Neurology Department at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (New Delhi) and Shri Mahant Indiresh Hospital India.